Oikocredit increases equity stake in Bolivian MFI
Pablo Cordero, one of Banco Fie's clients. Pablo produces spare parts for construction.
Oikocredit has more than doubled its investment in Banco Fie, a leading microfinance bank with a strong commitment to financial inclusion in Bolivia.
Banco Fie has been a partner of Oikocredit’s since 2002. During their 14-year relationship Oikocredit has supported Banco Fie in becoming one of Latin America’s most well-respected financial inclusion institutions.
Valeria Gelsi, Oikocredit equity investment officer, said: “We are proud to strengthen our relationship with Banco Fie and be able to add value to such a well-respected bank committed to the sustainable development of Bolivia.”
- 24 November | 2016 - Oikocredit increases equity stake in Bolivian MFI
- 23 November | 2016 - Oikocredit, Triodos Investment Management and Fidosa invest in Guatemalan hydropower
- 17 November | 2016 - Oikocredit and USAID launch partnership to advance agriculture in West Africa
- 16 November | 2016 - Oikocredit launches banking partnership with social bank ABS in Switzerland
- 03 November | 2016 - Desert Land Blooms Again
- 03 November | 2016 - Oikocredit supports expansion of home solar in West Africa